What is the principle of a dry-type transformer, and what is its function?
Dry-type transformers are widely used in local lighting, high-rise buildings, airports, terminal CNC machinery equipment and other places. Simply put, dry-type transformers refer to transformers whose cores and windings are not immersed in insulating oil. Cooling methods are divided into natural air cooling (AN) and forced air cooling (AF). When natural air cooling, the transformer can run continuously for a long time under the rated capacity. When forced air cooling, the output capacity of the transformer can be increased by 50%. It is suitable for intermittent overload operation or emergency accident overload operation; due to the large increase in load loss and impedance voltage during overload, it is in a non-economic operation state, so it should not be kept in continuous overload operation for a long time. Because dry-type transformers have the advantages of strong short-circuit resistance, small maintenance workload, high operating efficiency, small size, and low noise, they are often used in places with high performance requirements such as fire protection and explosion protection.
The benefits of dry-type transformers are as follows:
1. It is safe, fireproof, pollution-free, and can be directly operated in the load center.
2. Adopting domestic advanced technology, high mechanical strength, strong short circuit resistance, low partial discharge, good thermal stability, high reliability and long service life.
3. Low loss, low noise, obvious energy saving effect, and maintenance-free.
4. Good heat dissipation performance, strong overload capacity, can increase capacity operation when forced air cooling.
5. Good moisture resistance, adapt to high humidity and other harsh environments.
6. Dry-type transformers can be equipped with a complete temperature detection and protection system. Using intelligent signal temperature control system, it can automatically detect and circulate display the respective operating temperatures of the three-phase windings, can automatically start and stop the fan, and have functions such as alarms and trips.
7. Small size, light weight, less space and low installation cost.